Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Florida Gator

What a beautiful morning it is after a rainy stormy day yesterday. We were lazy yesterday it just seemed like a good day to stay in and stay dry. So I got up this morning and decided to go to the workout center and do a little walking and biking. Been trying to do a bit of it lately. Back home looking at all my new plants I noticed several golf carts in front of the neighbors house. Teresa and Kathy from the office were out so I shouted a cheerful good morning to them. They replied then told me they caught the "Gator" in the pond in our back yard. I ran into the house and grabbed my camera and headed for the pond. Sure enough there the maintenance men had a gator I would judge to be about 4 to 4.5 feet long. Just a little guy. They will call the trappers to come get him and take him away. But here is his (or her) picture. There is still a large one in the pond but I haven't seen him/her. Seems to be a never ending thing in that pond. Always gators gators gators. This is the first one I have actually seen but the neighbors have seen them several times. Once while we were away for the day they people who did our yard told us a gator walked right through our carport. Another time, while we were away for the day our neighbor left a note on our door and told us a 7 foot gator had been walking through our back yard. Oh well just another day in Florida. Soon we will be up in Alaska where we will have to worry about bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment